Be a key driver on BASF’s path to digitalisation by supporting existing products and initiatives as well as innovate additional digital solutions that supports BASF’s global businesses.
What you can expect
Join BASF and the global team Production AI and provide BASF wide data solutions for multiple application areas within Production focused on artificial intelligence. You will cover the entire model lifecycle from development, training, over deployment to operation. In this context, you will be acting as a driving force in interdisciplinary teams creating innovative solutions.
Your main responsibilities:
- You will support digitalization projects from ideation, over first prototypes until commissioning. Beyond that you will provide service & support during runtime.
- You will actively identify needs of our production colleagues and translate them into software specifications and manage and actively drive the development.
- You will develop new concepts, models and solutions applying state-of-the-art data science concepts and work with cutting edge frameworks and technologies and drive solutions to production readiness.
- You will drive the implementation of new applications and take care of the migration of existing ones.
Our main requirements:
- You have a Master or PhD in computer science, mathematics, statistics, natural sciences, or information technology with a focus on data driven applications.
- You have profound knowledge in machine learning with Python, R and databases and you are an expert in building solutions involving state of the art libraries and technology.
- Proven ability to connect different data sources across infrastructures
- Experience in Cloud technologies and architectures within AZURE
- You already gained working knowledge in the development of complex software solutions preferably of cloud-based applications.
- Ideally you have working experience in agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum) and DevOps concepts.
- Your profile is completed by your creative and motivated working style with a strong focus on innovation and customers as well as your excellent communication and presentation skills in English and German which define you as an effective team player.
- Business Consulting and Technical Consulting skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to foster a positive and energized culture
Nice to have:
- Experience in machine learning topics such as Computer Vision , NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Experience in manufacturing area
What’s in it for you:
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Flexible work schedule and Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Learning and development opportunities
- 30 holiday days per year
- A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment
- Being part of an international team and work in global projects
- Relocation assistance to Madrid provided
- Working on cutting edge technologies on exciting digitalization projects in the area of bigdata