At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people.
Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Our innovation power wouldn’t be possible without our people. That’s why in Boehringer Ingelheim you will have the opportunity to develop your career while improving the world’s health!
If you want to take one step forward in your professional journey in a virtual, international and multicultural environment, Boehringer Ingelheim is the one for you!
Growth together with the team as a and be part of a Global Top Employer company where you will be involved in interesting projects that which will lead you to your fullest development!
We are looking for a Quality Data Engineer to work collaboratively with a team dedicated to the modernization of a traditional data warehousing environment and Apache big data environment to an API cloud-based architecture on Amazon Web Services
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs testing, maintenance, construction and development of large-scale Datasources / AWS data ingestion pipelines, integration processes and databases.
- Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
- Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
- Assembles large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Creates data set processes for verification, acquisition, mining and modeling.
- Identifies process improvements to data extraction from SAP (Q modules), understanding of quality laboratory processes and possible updates.
- Designs and implements processes for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS, as well as, SQL and NoSQL data technologies
- Bachelor´s or Master´s degree in computer science or similar experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in IT Database Systems, Pipelines and Big Data Environments and able to support Demand Management Process from Demand conception to implementation.
- At least 2 experience in AWS native tools set: S3, Redshift, Kinesis, Glue, Athena, Batch/Step-Functions
- Experience with Data Warehousing and analytic tools such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, HIVE.
- Experience in delivering solutions in an Agile/DevOps environment, using the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence) and working Experience with the AWS Code Development Kit (Big Plus)
- Deep understanding/experience of workflow and data pipeline dependencies and runtime automation concepts.
- Deep understanding on manufacturing standards like ISA95, ISA88 is a plus.
- Experience in data extraction from SAP and experience in the quality modules is a plus
- Ability to build and optimize data sets, 'big data' data pipelines and architectures, perform root cause analysis and identify opportunities for improvement. Data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency and metadata
- Desirable Knowledge of Data Streaming.
- Experience working in an international and intercultural environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Willingness and readiness to travel.
- Communicate effectively, collaboration skills and excellent analytical thinking, open mindset, thinking out-of-the-box with innovative ideas.
#IamBoehringerIngelheim because…With us, you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives. We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, flexible learning and continuous development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We are continuously working to create a great employee experience.
These are some examples of how we will take care of you:
- Flexible working conditions
- Life and accident insurance
- Health insurance at a competitive price
- Investment in your learning and development
- Gym membership discounts
If you have read until here, what are you waiting to apply? We want to know more about you! #1081010