Your new company:
MAHLE, with a workforce of more than 72,000 employees in more than 30 countries with 160 production sites, of which 12 are large production centres.
We are helping them to recruit talent for their R&D hub in Palencia. This company is leader in the emobility industry and they are specialists in the design and prototyping of electric bicycles. MAHLE offers a platform for compact drive units with an optimised battery-concept, components for connectivity and customised motor control. They are committed to sustainability and efficiency by developing the vehicles that will be used the most in the coming years.
- Develop and maintain the Quality Assurance strategy of project according to PDP process.
- Cooperate with other departments involved in product development projects.
- Develop Quality Plan addressing both, the quality of delivered work products and processes performed.
- Lead APQP activities for all assigned programs (FMEA moderation, contract review, PPAP...).
- Work with Supplier Quality organization to ensure component PPAPs completed on time.
- Provide regular checks within the project, based on customer requirements, project complexity, product maturity and type according to the defined framework.
- Ensures execution of quality checks within the project (work package reviews, design reviews, process compliance checks).
- Leads problem resolution approaches in the project, drives proper usage of problem-solving methodologies in the project.
- Escalate deviations when needed.
- Perform final judgement of product/process maturity and provide feedback to management.
- Continuous improvement of the PDP process and associated tools, methods and guidelines to ensure maximum project gain and conformity.
- Perform Audits on processes and/or project execution.
What do you need to apply?
- Degree in Industrial/Mechanics/Electrics/Electronics/Telecommunications/Aerospace Engineering.
- Trained in quality assurance, like TQM or auditor certification (desired).
- Strong working knowledge of APQP/PPAP, Process Control Plan, FMEA, SPC, GD&T, Corrective Actions Processes; ability to interpret and comprehend complex drawings, Gage R&R, working knowledge of IATF 16949 and ISO 9001:2000 methodologies.
- Hands on mentality with a proactive approach to identify and avoid problems in an early stage.
- Experience in root cause analysis and problem solving methods. Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification preferred but not required.
- Solid organizational and project management skills, and demonstrated effectiveness to lead and collaborate with cross-functional/global teams. Strong drive to complete assignments within program timing in order to ensure a flawless serial production launch.
- Background in automotive (desired) product/process development or quality.
- Over 5 years of experience working.
- Basic knowledge on Project Management.
- English C1.