At BASF Digital Hub Madrid we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes, helping to strengthen BASF´s position as the digital leader in the chemical industry. We believe the right path is through creativity, trial and error and great people working and learning together. Become part of our team and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities.
What you can expect:
Our Linked Data Lab driving drives ontology-related projects in the Seeds and Traits department of BASF and in BASF Bioscience overall. We develop ontologies and knowledge graphs in collaboration with international teams of scientists. We also develop cutting edge technologies to manage and process ontologies, and to answer biological questions via knowledge graphs.
Your main responsibilities:
- You will organize the development of ontologies for bioscience by using semantic web technologies, methodologies and standards.
- You develop and customize ontology management tools as part of BASF´s ontology management framework.
- You interact with domain experts, develop guidelines for ontology curation and use, train data curators.
- You work closely with data management, development and R&D project teams and are part of BASF´s Digitalization of R&D community.
- You further develop your expertise to stay on top of state-of-the-art methodologies in the public domain.
Our main requirements:
- Preferably, you have a PhD degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, data science or similar, or an equivalent expertise based on experience.
- You have experience in ontology engineering and ontology curation.
- Additionally, you have experience in the development of data processing pipelines through scripts and workflows.
- You are familiar with biological data integration and have a good understanding of public ontologies in the field of biology and plant science, or are eager to learn.
- You are a born communicator, and you thrive in an international environment, collaborating in diverse teams.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. Team player with strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- You can demonstrate fluent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
Nice to have:
- Experience in the building of knowledge graphs
- Experience with no-sql databases
- Experience with data fabric solutions, data cataloging systems
What’s in it for you:
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Flexible work schedule and Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Learning and development opportunities
- 28 holiday days per year
- A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment
- Being part of an international team and work in global projects
- Relocation assistance to Madrid provided
- Working on cutting edge technologies on exciting digitalization projects in the area of bigdata