Be a key driver on BASF’s path to digitalisation by supporting existing products and initiatives as well as innovate additional digital solutions that supports BASF’s global businesses.
About the job
Join our Knowledge Architecture group, an interdisciplinary team of experts. Support us in making essential knowledge digital to drive business and innovation. Build and maintain knowledge graphs from data and information, using latest graph technologies, unleash the power of combing the world of labelled property graphs and semantic web and AI applications.
- Collaborate intensively with our colleagues in global BASF to build knowledge graphs from relevant internal and external data and information for high value use cases
- Evangelize the role of knowledge graphs and Graph Thinking (https://medium.com/knowledge-technologies/graph-thinking-5e9c85134ab0) for business and innovation; support and empower domain experts to build and maintain knowledge graphs revealing and realizing new business and innovation potential
- Integrate natural language processing, semantic web, and graph techniques for new kinds of advanced digital solutions
- Work in an international and agile project environment
Must have qualification
- Degree (M.Sc./PhD) in computer science, mathematics, life sciences, chemistry, bioinformatics
- Sound understanding of the use of graphs for knowledge representation and data integration at large scale
- First experience with graph algorithms such as cycle detection, link prediction, page rank, entity disambiguation, and embeddings of graphs for deep learning
- Practical work experience in the development of ontologies, ideally in combination with complex meta data schemas and data modelling; proficiency with formal logic, semantic web technologies and standards (RDFS, OWL, SPARQL, SHACL, OBO, SKOS), linked data
- Experience in data integration (using parallel processing at scale), linked data applications using tools like Databricks.
- Practical experience in parallel programming with Python, and/or C++, Java
- Excellent analytical skills with focus on problem solving
- Ability to perform in globally distributed project teams using agile development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
Additional qualification good to have
- Large scale knowledge graph construction in industrial applications
- Experience in master data management, data integration techniques and tools
- Understanding of natural sciences and/or the chemical industry
- Experience with probabilistic graphical models, probabilistic soft logic