Be a key driver on BASF’s path to digitalisation by supporting existing products and initiatives as well as innovate additional digital solutions that supports BASF’s global businesses.
At BASF Digital Hub Madrid we develop innovative digital solutions for BASF, create new exciting customer experiences and business growth, and drive efficiencies in processes, helping to strengthen BASF´s position as the digital leader in the chemical industry. We believe the right path is through creativity, trial and error and great people working and learning together. Become part of our team and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities.
What you can expect
In our Product Team – Data Enablement Business Intelligence – you take an active role in the specification, design, implementation and support of complex software and application components in the Business Intelligence environment of BASF group.
Your main responsibilities:
Your focus, depending on skill and interest, will result from all or a section of the following areas:
• You consult on (technical) questions in context of business applications (company reporting), create concepts and specifications based on technical requirements for projects as well as for change requests in cooperation with the internal business partner
• You do software developments on your own, but also take over the management of developments in cooperation with internal colleagues or external service providers
• In addition, you regularly run maintenance task, quality assurance measures and test activities and support in the development of support concepts. You also ensure smooth service operation of applications.
Our main requirements:
• A Bachelor or Master degree in business informatics, business administration with a focus on IT or computer science with a focus on business administration with at least 5 years of professional experience in similar role. Alternatively, you have a comparable completed vocational training with several years of IT experience in various functions
• In addition to the pronounced technical inclination, you have a strong interest in understanding the professional background and creating sustainable BI applications together with the internal business partner.
• You always act in the interests of the company and communicate clearly and authentically in English (word and written)
• You like to work in an international team and showing very good analytical skills as well as a high level of service and customer orientation (showing your Business Consulting and Technical Consulting skills)
• A growth and diverse mindset with a curiosity to learn and improve.
• Business intelligence experience is not a condition. As our biggest system is a SAP Business Warehouse (BW), prior experience in that area would be an additional benefit.
[additional but not crucial requirements] Nice to have:
• Experience in programming skills: ABAP OO, SQL, HANA native
• Experience working agile with a DevOps mindset
What’s in it for you:
• A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
• Flexible work schedule and Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
• Learning and development opportunities
• 28 holiday days per year
• A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment
• Being part of an international team and work in global projects
• Relocation assistance to Madrid provided
• A demanding job with a high degree of personal responsibility. Your induction takes place "on the job" in a committed, competent team.
• Interesting activities using SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and SAP HANA as data storage, SAP BEx Web, SAP Lumira Designer, SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), Tableau, and Microsoft Power BI as front-end development tool
• Use of your distinctive technical skills in our agile application and software development projects, where you can accompany the created software throughout the entire life cycle from design to operation and support
• Work in self-organized teams with internal colleagues globally and internal business partners worldwide