TOP 10 pharma with more than 146 affiliates around the world and 47 employees, of which 1,600 are located in Spain. They create innovative medicines for people and animals, adding value through innovation for all three business areas: human pharmaceuticals, animal health, and contract manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals. Now they are in the expansion phase and are developing the animal area. Our client is forming a technological hub that will serve the entire group internationally. This hub is located in San Cugat del Vallés.
They are building an Enterprise Development Platform (EDP) to accelerate the development, documentation, and delivery of applications and digital healthcare products onto a growing number of strategic runtime and data platforms: Red Hat OpenShift, AWS, Azure, and Salesforce, to name just a few. Our users: everyone at BI. They believe in the power of communities and contribute most of our work to the open-source project OpenDevStack (ODS) on GitHub. We are currently looking for a Cloud Engineer (English Fluent) to participate in the company´s international projects.
Day to day duties:
- You will play a critical role in establishing a flexible, maintainable, scalable, and robust Platform, which is at the core of company´s technology transformation.
- You will work on strengthening EDP's abilities around the convenient and compliant consumption of public cloud services from AWS and Azure.
- As a member of an Agile team, you will collaborate with the Product Owner, Architect, and other team members.
- You will be responsible for the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of our ODS Quick starters for AWS and Azure with the team.
- In the role of a Subject Matter expert, you will collaborate with our customer success team to increase the adoption of our Quickstarters by contributing to presentations, documentation, and trainings.
- You will contribute to 3rd level support by supporting our customer success team in resolving challenging issues and/or helping to identify suitable workarounds.
- You will work with the architects and the product leadership looking into the future and contribute to the Platform strategy to ensure improvements of our service.
- You will connect with the EDP Product Team to share customer feedback, which helps to improve user experience and our platform’s technology backbone.
- You will ensure that Quick starters are well documented, tested and conform with compliance expectations, being supported by other team members.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- A solid software development and Cloud computing background with at least 5 years of relevant experience. Background in architecting Cloud systems will be a strong plus.
- Strong knowledge in the automated consumption of cloud services using Infrastructure as Code with Terraform. Experience with creating and modifying AWS CloudFormation templates is a requirement, background with the AWS CDK will be a plus.
- Solid understanding of AWS' foundational services. You understand the Serverless Computing model and have collected first experience building applications with AWS Lambda using either the SAM or Serverless.org frameworks.
- Solid practical experience with scripting languages, such as Ruby or Python. You have used the AWS SDK before, or are eager to learn quickly.
- Comfortable with Git and working in a Continuous Integration style, including Code Reviews.
- Experience with Jenkins or Tekton pipelines will be a strong plus.
What do we offer:
- Opportunity to work in one of the largest pharmaceutical organisations globally
- Stable project
- Competitive salary
- Remote work – Located in Spain
- Free launch onsite
If you are looking for new opportunities don´t hesitate to reply to this email and we will contact you with more information. #1082186